CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today's Thought

Your plan to pen your memoir seems like a waste of time when you realize that your life story has already been described in thousands of odes to mediocrity -- better known as country songs.

Hmm... I wonder if I should mention this to Blake?

Naaahh...

But, it leads you to wonder - What would my memoirs be like? Part horror novel, part sleazy romance novel, part country song for sure...

The horror of growing up in a family like mine. Father who never wanted me. Abusive brothers. Apathetic mother.

I got married when I was 16, just to get away from my family. Had a torrid relationship with my husband until I was forced to leave him behind when he threatened my best friend and adopted brother. Then there was the delicious hooking up with my blue-eyed co-worker after losing my husband. And, no matter how hard I try to forget, there was the hooking up with my psycho commanding officer as well... *shudder*

Well, in my defense, he seemed like a nice, normal guy at the time.

And the sleazy part... well, Blake, my new husband, knows all about that one. Heh. Heh. Heh...

Sorry, got sidetracked there a moment. But seriously, I found him while he was already dating someone else, someone younger and prettier. But apparently she didn't have my skills, or something because he left her and came a-runnin'.

And the country song part? Hmm... wanna list?

Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo to start

The More I Drink is a nice chaser

I'm Not Strong Enough to Say No describes a huge chunk of my life, Blake included...

Some Beach ~ Need I say more? Didn't think so

Online... *snort*

What Was I Thinkin' and how often have I wondered just that?

Last Dollar (Fly Away) something I think we can all relate to...

... I could go on and on and on... but I doubt either of us really has that much time. But I can say this much: If I had to pick a theme song for my memoirs, it'd be Playboys of the Southwestern World. Why? Well, it's the very first line of the song that clinches it: "This is a song about best friends..." and where would you be without your friends?

~Ali and John Roy, a boy I knew since he was 3 and I was 2...

0 comments: