CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 20, 2007

Men

So, now we have a baby in the house. Wow.

After delivering Cowboy’s ex-wife to the airport, the three of us spent a few days at my sometimes home in Nevada before packing up and returning to DC, where I needed to be so I could go back to work. I begged a couple extra days off so we could go furniture shopping and, considering the situation, they let me.

Blake managed to find a really nice oak set: cradle, crib, dresser, the whole shebang, that he shelled out a small fortune for. I tried to stop him, but he ignored me rather effectively. I guess it’s his way of apologizing for leaving me with his kid. I found some sheets and such, but we couldn’t agree on a bedding set. I figured that it was warm enough not to worry about and that I could go looking once he hit the road again.

No such luck.

I came home from work after my first day back, to find Blake, on the couch, grinning up at me. Curious, I asked him what he was so happy about. His only answer was, “Follow me.”

So. I follow him back to our son’s new room and almost wet myself laughing. Sometime during the day, he’d managed to go out, baby in tow, to find a freakin’ camouflage bedding set. Green everywhere. Add to the bedding, a camo lampshade, a deer-shaped nightlight and a stuffed bass. And this from the man who told me he was going to burn every green article of clothing I owned.

Why me?

He also found an entire camo outfit for Rory, shirt, pants, hat and socks. Then, then he informs me he’s ordered wooden deer for the walls. They’ll be here in a week. Hell, why not, right? All the kid’s missing is a freakin’ tree stand to sit in when he’s bored.

Guess I’m going to be painting the nursery walls green next weekend.

Huh? What was that? Oh gods…

I’ve just been informed that he’s also ordered tree camo wallpaper. *smacks head into desktop*

Now I’m really dreading my doctor’s appointment next week. I don’t think the world is ready for two mini-Blakes.

2 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

I am actually surprised it was Blake that did the camo and not you. I think the camo sounds cute, let me know if you need any more, there's a great little shop near me that carries all kinds of camo baby stuff.

Ali said...

And why doesn't that surprise me? Thanks for the offer but now that he's on a roll... Well... I doubt he needs any help.