CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Band on the Run

Holy crap! Ali’s only been gone a day and already I’m goin’ off the deep end. Whouda thought a six-month-old kid would be so much trouble? Oh my god. I am so not ready for this.

Two of my band mates, Tim and Randy offered to help me out while she was gone. So has her soon-to-be sister-in-law. But Jo works during the day so it’s been us boys all day. And oh god… Randy’s already bailed on me. The whiner. Gets puked on once and he’s out the door. Freakin’ pansy.

Tim’s been better. But, he’s been hangin’ out with me for a long time now. He says that if I can puke on him and not gross him out, Rory’s not gonna do it. I think he gets diaper duty next. We’ll see what grosses him out.

ALI COME HOME!

Okay. Feel better now. Oh no. He’s crying. Again. Just crawled on over and started tuggin’ at my pant legs. What now? He just ate. He’s doesn’t stink. Think, Blake, THINK!

Huh. Imagine that. He wants to be held. I think he’s tired. I know I am. Couldn’t sleep knowing he was down the hall and I didn’t have Ali to cover my ass. Yeah… put your little head down.

My god. This kid gets into everything! Drooled on my damn guitar. Tried to eat my picks. Did eat my new song. Been pukin’ paper all morning. Dumped the clothes off the bed and onto the floor. Puts every damn thing he finds in his mouth. Why didn’t she warn me?

Awwwwwww…

Shh… he’s sleeping. *beams with fatherly pride* He’s so cuuuute! I guess I can do this after all. Don’t suppose I have much choice, do I?

~Blake



1 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

Yes, you CAN do it. Go get the baby some Sassy toys from the store, great colors, fun shapes, should keep him busy. Also, an exersaucer, it will keep him somewhat confined and unable to eat your songs, lol.