CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother’s Day

Blake and his bright ideas. *hmph*

So, he surprises me totally by not only talking to me on Sunday, but by writing me a song. I don’t know how hard he hit his head, or on what, but I’m sure glad it happened. I’m tired of this emotional roller coaster we’ve been living lately. I’m thankful we have this solved because it’s only gonna get more complicated around here with me being pregnant. And naturally cranky.

Poor Blake. :)

It’s not even been twenty-four hours yet, but we are still getting along, despite the kink in his plans yesterday. He came in with Rory after I found my card, with his guitar strapped across his back. We talked, he sang his song, and then we cuddled for a bit. Once he got the bright idea for a bit more… well, that’s where the trouble started.

Blake suddenly got up and went to put Rory down for his nap. Rory’s a decent napper, so it wasn’t too hard to get him to go lie down. Mr. Sensitive then climbs back into bed with me. I knew exactly what he’d come back for but made him admit it to me first. I tend to be a snot that way.

Apparently, he’d forgotten about my broken ribs.

Needless to say, despite all the maneuvering around my knee brace and only being able to open my mouth halfway due to the slight fracture and all the lovely swelling, he’d forgotten that I was in a TON of pain and unable to take more than a shallow breath. So, in deference to all his sincere attempts at making up and being nice, I tried as best I could to give him what he needed, and wanted, and failed miserably. Sorry Charile, no go.

I felt so bad telling him no but I had no choice. When I told him to try me again in two weeks, the look on his face was priceless! I thought he was either going to break down and cry or throttle me just because. Luckily, he did neither. He just pulled himself together and fell to sleep beside me.

At least one of us got some sleep. I can’t get comfortable in any position and since being weaned off my pain meds, I just don’t have any hope. Ah, well… I can sleep when I’m dead. Until then, I have a baby to care for.

Two, truthfully.

I don’t think he’ll wait two weeks before trying again, but hey, it’s a start right? I just hope we’ve gotten off this path we’ve been trudging and onto a new one, finally. We worked too damn hard to get here; I certainly don’t want it to end here.

0 comments: