CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 21, 2007

Scary Thoughts

I’m still essentially bedridden for another week or so, so I’ve had quite a bit of time to sit and think lately. It must be the meds I’m on or something because the thoughts I was having this morning… Not funny at all.

First and foremost, Blake’s gonna be a daddy. Again. What the hell was I thinking? Now, don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy and I think that, once he gets the hang of caring for an infant, he’ll be fine. And he’ll be good for the kids – firm (I hope!) but also loving and not too serious. But then, can you imagine the man in the delivery room? I have a feeling he’s gonna need his own nurse.

And then there’s school. I can just see Blake going in for a parent-teacher conference. “Yeah, ma’am, I know he’s a trouble maker and a smart mouth. He gets it from his mother.” Or this… “He was fighting? Did he win? Were there any weapons involved? Am I gonna need bail money?”

What about homework? The capital of Nevada is NOT Las Vegas, no matter how much they’d like to think so. The square root of 144 is NOT a Budweiser and a shot of tequila. Taco Bell, KFC, McDonald’s and Hooters are NOT the four major food groups.

Oh gods… I don’t even want to think about what’s going to happen when Rory and our little girl start dating. Rory might be okay but her? Heaven help me, but I think Blake AND my brother BOTH just might make their permanent home on the front porch, each with a rifle close at hand. I may just have to teach her some of my secrets so she can sneak out and have a life once in awhile.

I have a headache now. How do I get myself into these things?

~Ali

0 comments: