CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Scary to think that I started this blog December 27, 2006. Yes, 2006! Wowzers! And the fun I've had since then...

*cough*

I meant with the blogging. Really! No? Don't believe me? Well, then that means you've been reading regularly.

This past year, I've had a lot happen. Married my honey. Got a six-month-old cutie named Rory dumped into my lap and instantly fell in love. Got the crap beaten out of me and damn near got divorced. Twice. Fought and reconciled with my Cowboy. Damn near got myself killed trying to keep Blake from getting killed. Got pregnant with a child of my own and am now waiting for her to arrive. Six weeks and counting, girly girl.

I've made some new friends this year, as well as rediscovered a few old ones. My brother got married and is having a baby.

And so is Scarlett! I'm telling you, this is probably the second best news of the year. The first, of course was Blake asking me to come back home, but that's another drama all together. Just waiting to see if Red's gonna get hitched now or not...

I can't even begin to imagine what kind of chaos 2008 is going to bring. Although, it's now official... Blake is home until further notice. And the chaos my house is in proves just that. Man, at least they've let me out of the hospital. I'm still on bed rest, but at least I'm home, which is taming the destruction caused by Nerf darts, crazy babies, and well-meaning cowboys, but still...

So, the big question, the one everyone's asking: What are your resolutions?

I hate making resolutions. They never stick and are always about stupid things. What I tend to do is set goals and make promises. Yeah, promises.

My Goals Are To:
1. Not to murder Blake in his sleep.
2. Get this chaos under control and institute some order while Cowboy is still home.
3. Plan Scarett's wedding (whether she knows it or not).

My Promises Are To:
1. Be a good mommy and not murder Daddy in his sleep...
2. Be a good wife and not do the same as above.
3. Spend some serious time just being a family while I can. I fear we're gonna lose Daddy much sooner than either he or I would like... damn this life he lives anyway!

I'm sure there will be more before too long, but this works for now. Hope you are having a good year so far. Do what you can to make it your best yet.

~Ali and Raynie Baby

1 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

awwwww........ 6 weeks?? already?? wow.