CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Gotta Love Vegas

Thought I’d surprise my Cowboy a few weeks ago and visit the City of Sin, also known as my real home, at the same time. I imagined us having fun, drinking, goofing off, being young people in love.

WRONG!

Once the shock of seeing me had worn off, he suggested we take the plunge. Yup, that’s right. Only three weeks after the proposal, he’s suggested we go ahead and get married. We were in Vegas, after all.

After a quick trip to get the marriage license and a stop for ice cream, we were ready to go. Looking back, I’m not sure it was such a smart idea, but it’s too late for that now, I think. Albie, Red, ‘Zook, Billy and Albie’s mom all managed to make it out on the short notice.

No representatives from my side of the family, thankfully. My Dad and my brothers would’ve only tried to stop us. And his family? They hate me and have been trying to break the engagement since they’d found out about it. I don’t know what he’s going to tell them now.

And so now, the fun really begins. Or so they tell me. I can’t imagine. All I do know is that it was harder to let him go this time than ever before. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! And knowing that our families don’t think we should be together only makes it more difficult. As far as I’m concerned, our being together and being happy is all that matters to me.

Ah, to just have a simple life for once…

Not gonna happen. Not ever. I think it goes against the rules of Life, the Universe and Everything, so to speak. Well, I can make it, with my boy by my side. Time to take off the rose-colored glasses, ya think? *snort* We’ll figure it out. After all, we’ve made it this far, haven’t we?

Ali

1 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

you wouldn't have any idea what to do with a "simple" life. you crave chaos. Heck, you MAKE chaos.