CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 19, 2007

Love Notes

Cowboy...

Here I sit, alone, with the rain falling down all around me. The fire is blazing and I'm snuggled in a blanket wearing your favorite flannel shirt. As I sip my hot chocolate, I wonder... where are you tonight?


Are you in some big city, dancing under the bright lights? Looking around in awe at how it's grown since your last visit?

Or are you in some Podunk town, where you're most comfortable, seeing all the local sights and wishing you were back home?

Most likely, you're still on the road, in the middle of nowhere, no destination in sight.

All I can tell you is that I wish you were here, with me, tonight. I wish I could aks you to give up the life of an asphalt cowboy and settle down. But I know that will never happen... and I'm not sure I would want it to either. You are who you are and that's why I love you. Bringing you to me and making you stay... I can't imagine what that would do... to you, to us.


So, until you return... I'll be here, waiting...

~Cookie~

Cookie,

I wish I could stay forever in your arms, but this roaming is in my blood. I want nothing more than to give you all you desire. My heart, my soul, all my love... that you already have. How much more can I give?

No, I'm not angry. Not at all. This is my life and I know you understand that. You have the same wandering soul. If only we could wander together? That's my idea of paradise.Until I'm home again, wear that flannel and think of me... I think of you often. When I wake, when I sleep, whenever I have a spare moment...

Just remember:
Until I'm back in your arms again
I'll be out here on the wind
And I'll ride
Through the middle of the night unknown
On a ride that won't let me go...

I am, after all, your asphalt cowboy...

Your loving Cowboy


0 comments: