CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick...

Waking up Saturday morning, I rolled over and stretched, just like every other morning. I discovered a slight stiffness in my neck and shoulders and just shrugged it off. I often wake up stiff from sleeping in kooky positions (or as payback for the positions I’d put my body into intentionally). Unfortunately, I couldn’t blame it on my Cowboy for once. So, I drug myself out of bed, figuring I’d put my grocery list together and then do some yoga to stretch myself out.

Halfway through my grocery list, I got up to get some water and was hit with an overpowering pain in my chest. It started along the base of my ribcage and up both sides and across my back. I could barely take a half-breath without igniting the pain further. I had no option but to lay down on the kitchen tile and pray to all that is holy that I wasn’t dying. As I lay there bawling, I started to shiver and shake and sweat like crazy. I felt like I was going to be very, violently ill and hoped I wouldn’t – I couldn’t get off the floor for anything. Then, suddenly, the pain was gone. After about five more minutes on the floor, I was fine. Go figure.

I got back up, finished my grocery list, and went to the store. Halfway through my shopping, it happened again, only not as severe. Odd. I called Albie, he met me at the store, paid for my groceries (gotta love my Albie), and took me home. After forcing me to lay down, he even put my food away. I may never find it again, but you know… it’s the thought that counts.

He took me to see Doc. And now the fun starts. Doc listened to the symptoms, did a few chest x-rays and an EKG. Told me he thought I was having a heart attack. NICE! Thanks, Doc! Luckily, the x-rays and EKG were both negative so we’re back to square one. No idea what’s going on. Fun. I get to fly out later in the week to see a cardiologist and go from there. So far today, I’m okay. Stiff and a bit sore, but no pain. YAY!

Will keep you updated. Hate to tell my Cowboy what’s going on. He’s gonna freak. Especially since he can’t get back here for at least three more weeks.

A very nervous,
Ali

0 comments: