CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

What Makes You Think of Your Lover?

Doesn’t matter if it’s your boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband, whatever. What makes you stop in your tracks and think about them at odd moments?

A special song?
A certain scent?
The tinkle of laughter?

Whatever it is, when you hear it, see it, smell it, stop and breathe it in, make it a part of you. You never know how much longer they’ll be with you. And those memories are what makes the hard days easier and the good days so much better.

What reminds me of my cowboy? I’ll tell ya (since ya asked):

The warm desert breeze. He always teases me about how I can get the chills in 105ºF heat.


Thunderstorms. I love to cuddle under a blanket while the rain pours down, the thunder booms, and the lighting flashes. Cuddled up with him, it’s a perfect night.

Country music. Doesn’t even matter whom. He teases me so much about my taste in music that I can’t help but think of him whenever I listen to the radio. Certain songs bring him to mind more strongly… but that’s always the way.

Hat hair. Funny as it sounds, he wears the ‘rumpled’ look so well and is never as cute as when his hair’s standing on end.

That deep, masculine laughter. You know the kind. The type of laugh that holds promise of something more intimate. More personal.

The smell of leather. His boots, his jacket, whatever. It all makes me think of him.

And then I dream. And wish.

Do you?

A melancholy,
Ali

0 comments: